Saturday 14 September 2013


It feels like I fell into a time warp over the last few months. Nature or the global changes in the weather, blessed Ireland with the warmest summer in many years. I stayed in West Cork, where I live, with its abundance in beauty and coast line of Mediterranean quality. When the weather is good, there is really no better place. Work didn't feel like work and with long, warm evenings beach was the place to be every day.
  Not much painting happened. 
  A lot of personal growth and changes. Now pulsating within to be put to form, though I don't know what form yet. The trees you see below were a faze I went through. The images were strong in my head. I didn't know how to execute them when I was getting started, but I allowed the inner image to guide my hand rather than let my head control it. Most of my paintings are an exercise in patience with myself, letting go of judgement about the outcome and letting go of control. That is probably why I come back to painting over again. It offers a reflection of the state I'm in. Not a pretty sight sometimes. But it also offers a chance to challenge my self limiting beliefs. I struggle with making time to do something that is ultimately doing me good. Like exercise I suppose. Saying that, I always feel great after, mentally mostly, if I haven't done it for a while. 
  Saying all that, when we make room for our creativity, in what ever form, it is usually fun. And fun and play is a vital part of our lives, though we forget about it sometimes. I do anyway. I hope you guys don't. 
  But this is my journey. 
  For now, I leave you with the end result of what I started in April. The photos of the progress are in the first post on this blog.











Please feel free to leave a note. I would love to hear about your creative process, if you feel like sharing it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment