Sunday 7 April 2013

one step forward


This is a new adventure for me.
 New adventures tend to arrive on the doorstep unexpectedly, asking if you want to come and join in. If you say yes, there is no way of telling where you will end up. There is excitement, a little fear perhaps and all sorts of other things that happen, when one steps outside the comfort zone.
So, I am not sure where this journey will lead. I know it is essentially about art, its place in my life, the way it enriches and speaks volumes when words fail. It is about the freedom of expression. Trying new things, learning new things...
There is an icon on the right side of my screen, saying '' Share''. And I suppose, that is what I am deciding to do - share something I do, that I know is good for me and I am passionate about it.
As time goes along, I know this ''sharing'' will take shape.



I am starting with my two, most recent paintings.
'Purple forest' is a place I used to go walking in. I used inks and liquid watercolor. 16 x 20 inches
It took around 10 hours to paint.
I have photos of the progress, if anyone is curious about the technique.





This one is called 'Blue forest' and it is the same technique as above. Also 16 x 20 inches





I invite you to share your ideas and comments. Perhaps something here will encourage or trigger your own, unique spark :-)
 

3 comments:

  1. Love 'purple forrest', well done on setting up your blog! Would love to see the step by step photos. Put up a post on Facebook about it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta, these are gorgeous! The best, to me, is that they are not only super-cool, they are also pictures I would have in my home. Keep up the good work -- looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, is really want I want to say. I'm a bit like a child who is learning to walk. And I am happy that you stopped by and made my day :-) Thank you!

      Delete